Middleborough Town Hall

Erected in 1873, the Town of Middleborough’s historic Town Hall was in dire need of renovation. The program was complex and focused on both repairing deteriorated conditions and the removal of previous modifications in order to restore the building to its original architecture. Work performed included bringing the entire facility up to code and encompassed a new elevator, accessible restrooms, and a new handicapped-access ramp. Two floors were redesigned to accommodate new town offices and archival spaces. Research done for the project revealed the slate pattern of the original cupola roof, which was recreated for the new roof, helping to restore the town hall to its former elegance. The public meeting room was restored to its original grandeur.