The Gas Light District of Charlestown was originally surrounded by multiple waterways and was home to naval officers in the late 1800’s.

New exterior shutters, with a nautical reference were replaced. A slate and cooper Mansard roof added two front windows to the third floor. A previous Powder Room was relocated to allow site lines through to the kitchen and windows beyond.

The Living Room opens to the Dining area by nine-foot mahogany pocket doors. Both areas restored working fireplaces with marble mantels and double folding interior shutters that rest flush within angles sidewalls. Ornamental corner casing blocks were restored.